Trezor’s wallet is the world’s first Bitcoin wallet, launched in August 2014. It has a compact size and shape like USB, can be connected to a very convenient personal computer, users can completely You can take it with you instead of the key chain.
How to upgrade the firmware for Trezor is a question that many people seek. In today’s article, let’s go with the 100StatrtupIdeas.com review via what is the Trezor wallet and how to update the firmware for Trezor.
What is The Trezor wallet?
A type of cold wallet or hard wallet that stores money in an offline state. This wallet was released in August 2014 by SatoshiLabs. And become the world’s first Bitcoin cold storage wallet. It supports several coins such as: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dashcoin (DASH) ….
Trezor cold wallet saves user’s personal key in offline status, no internet connection. Because of that, hackers or hackers are completely unable to invade a user’s property.
Features of Trezor Hard Wallet
- Support multiple coins
- Quick installation: only takes about 15-20 minutes
- Password manager: provides a powerful password manager. The password will be encrypted and synchronized with the user’s own cloud
- SSH security: helps to protect the access to the server, user administration page
- 2-factor authentication (2FA)
- Login and encrypt with GPG: Encrypt all documents or emails that users create with GPG
- Confirm via SMS: Verification login via SMS, meaning that every time a user logs in, the Trezor system will send a message containing the code and use it to log in the wallet.
- Wallet backup: This is the most important feature. It will help you restore your wallet account in case you lose your wallet.
Specifications of Trezor Hard Wallet
- CPU: ARM Cortex M3 processor, clocked at 120 MHz
- Screen: OLX 128 x 64 pixels
- Supported operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android
- Size: 60 x 30 x 6 (mm)
- Weight: 12g (0.42oz)
- Connection: Micro USB with desktop or phone
- Ideal working temperature: Minimum of 20 degrees Celsius and up to 60 degrees Celsius
Where To Buy and Sell Hard Wallet Trezor?
The dealer of the Trezor hard wallet currently in India is not available, but users can order it at the official website : http://shop.trezor.io/ ($ 89 price), or on Amazon the same price.
Instructions For Updating Firmware for Trezor
Firmware updates are just a way to install additional functionality for your Trezor wallet, apply a new security tip specifically to develop new features for users.
Trezor Wallet will notify on the wallet interface toolbar when the new firmware version is updated.
Click the Show details box, you can review the changed versions and show the instructions that require you to connect to the device in bootloader mode.
|Note: To check your current firmware version, click on the bootloader mode button or access Advanced Settings on the Trezor wallet. To view Firmware changelog, click Firmware changelog.|
Step 1: Click Bootloader Mode
When connecting the Trezor wallet, using the index finger and middle finger press both buttons tightly on the device.
Step 2: Firmware Update
|Note: Before updating the firmware, you must have seed recovery in case you need to restore the wallet immediately. Some firmware update versions clear your device memory. You can click Dry-run recovery to check seed availability at any time.|
Please read the instructions and warnings carefully and check the relevant box to access the Update my device button when the wallet is in bootloader mode. Confirm the updated version on the device and Trezor will update the Firmware.
|Note: The Trezor wallet deletes itself if the device loses its connection while downloading a new firmware.That may happen due to a cable disconnection error. In these cases, reconnect Trezor and repeat the whole process. Prepare to recover your account later.|
After the device downloads new firmware, it will ask you to compare the new and old firmware versions. Make sure the following sentence appears on your device screen for what appears on your browser and end the update version by confirming it on your device.
Thus, with the above article, I introduced the concept as well as the overview of Trezor cold storage wallet. This is also a popular wallet in the world, because of its very good features. In addition, you can also use the Ledger Nano S wallet (similar to Trezor’s wallet).
If you find this article useful, please share it with everyone. You can also find business knowledge, how to get rich, what business is an effective start-up idea, how to make money with other products or ideas in the 100StartupIdeas.com search section.